Support Independent Journalism!

BCCI to Get Lion’s Share of ICC’s Revenue Distribution Model, ECB distant 2nd; Pakistan 4th

May 10, 2023
Pic credit: ESPN Cricinfo

Dubai, May 10: The Indian cricket board is all set to be the major beneficiary of the world cricket governing body’s latest revenue-distribution model.

As per the ESPNCricinfo, the ICC’s new revenue-distribution model almost confirms “the BCCI as the only really big player in the game, with the Indian board projected to take home nearly 40% of the ICC’s net surplus earnings from its next four-year commercial cycle.”

According to exclusive detail’s available with ESPNcricinfo, “The BCCI stands to earn approximately US$230 million per year between 2024-27 – or 38.5% of the ICC’s annual earnings of $600 million.”

England is distant second with $41.33 million, Australia third with $37.53 million, and Pakistan fourth with $34.51 million revenue.

“The ECB could earn $41.33 million – or 6.89% – of the ICC’s earnings. CA, the third member of the original Big Three, comes next, and could get $37.53 million (6.25%). The only other board projected to make over $30 million among the remaining nine Full Members is the PCB, which could receive $34.51 million (5.75%),” ESPNCricinfo reported.

The earnings of the remaining eight Full Members are below 5%.

“Of the $600 million projected pool, the 12 Full Members will get $532.84 million (88.81%), with the remaining $67.16 million (11.19%) going to the Associate Members.”

Leave a Reply